The day of final judgement finally came on 3rd Sept 2014, where 5 professional judges from various background namely; MOE, MOSTI, YIM (2 judges) & DreamEdge convene to select the top 3 winners and 2 consolation winners for the YIM Ideation Competition.
The Esteemed Judges for the YIM Ideation Grand Final Competition are:
1) Ms. Florence Ki (Chief Judge), General Manager, YIM Professional Services Sdn. Bhd., Yayasan Inovasi Malaysia
2) En Zalaludin Abdullah, Deputy Secretary, Innovation & Commercialisation Division, Ministry of Science, Technology, & Innovation
3) Puan Zalina Kamis, Assistant Director, Co-curricular and Arts Division, Ministry of Education Malaysia.
4) En. Muhammad Khalis Othman, Senior Project Engineer, Engineering Division, DreamEDGE Sdn. Bhd.
5) Dr. Othman Omar, Director of Innovation , Development & Commercialisation Division, Yayasan Inovasi Malaysia
The judging criteria apart from looking at the angle of the creative and innovative aspects, will in this segment give focus on the Prototyping Feasibility and Commercialisation Potential of the winning ideas, rendering it as a Beneficial Invention! with significant contribution to both the inventor and community itself.
Mdm Florence KI, General Manager, YIM Professional Services Sdn Bhd giving out a briefing to the judges prior to the final evaluation and presentation review on the top 20 ideas selected as finalists.